Sevani does not use the following ingredients in our skin care formulas in an effort to protect our health, planet, and overall well-being. As the skin is the largest organ, it is said that 60% of what we apply can enter the bloodstream, why take the risk?
Below are some ingredients to avoid in general that you can be assured are not in Sevani Natural Skincare formulations.
- Propylene and Butylene Glycols- toxic chemicals, found in antifreeze
- Formaldehyde – Urea’s- common preservatives, carcinogenic
- Petroleum Distillates- clogs pores, non-biodegradable
- Diethanolamine & triethanolamine (DEA &TEA)- highly toxic and carcinogenic creates 1,4 Dioxane
- SLS (Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfates)- found in cleansers; irritating and highly allergenic
- Parabens- possibly cancerous preservatives, linked to breast cancer
- Phthalates- highly toxic, hormone disrupting and irritating to the skin
- Synthetic Preservatives- potential carcinogens, formaldehyde donors – lab-created chemicals.
- Synthethic Fragrances- cause skin sensitivity, headaches, irritants and often toxic
- Cocamide, Myristimide(s) – commonly used emulsifiers, skin irritants and considered toxic
- Animal derived or animal tested ingredients- hormone disrupters, and imposes harm to animals.
- GMO’s – genetically modified organisms contain harmful chemicals
- Silicones – (dimethicone and more) may clog pores and not biodegradable
- Too many more to list, but we could go on!
Sevani takes pride in utilizing only the most natural and sustainable ingredients for skin rejuvenation and anti-aging, while also protecting our beautiful planet.
Beauty is more than skin deep at Sevani we are dedicated to ensuring that through our organic, green, eco practices and products that we not only provide you with the safest, most effective non-toxic beauty products but we ensure that we leave the earth as beautiful as nature intended.
Nourish Your Skin. Nourish the Planet.